Evening Hours at Findlay Market
Wednesdays, May - September
We are extending our Wednesday hours this summer to accommodate the grocery shopping needs of those who live and work in the city.
Tuesday: 9am-6pm; WEDNESDAY: 9am-8pm; Thursday-Friday: 9am-6pm; Saturday: 8am-6pm, Sunday: 10am-4pm; Monday: Closed
Every Wednesday evening we will host Groceries & Grilling. Shoppers can purchase food at the market and we will provide grills for cooking on site. Each week, there will be a featured merchant demoing a recipe, a community group partner and of course, a full house of merchants with all of your shopping needs.
This week, September 13th, Hispanic Heritage Night: Stuffed Chicken Arepa with The Arepa Place
- 1 frozen package of 5 traditional arepas--find at demo grill or EMC Grocery store
- 2 lbs
of chicken breast--find at Busch’s Country Corner, Eckerlin Meats or
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese--find at Gibb´s Cheese
Salsa Ají Ingredients (find pre-made at The Arepa Place demo grill)
- 3 Tomatoes--find at Catanzaro Produce or Roth´s Produce
- 1 Scallion--find at Catanzaro Produce or Roth´s Produce
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro--find at Catanzaro Produce or Roth´s
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar--find at Dean's Mediterranean Imports
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice--find at Catanzaro Produce or Roth´s
- Salt--find at Colonel De Gourmet Herbs &
- Pepper--find at Colonel De Gourmet Herbs & Spices
1. Grill chicken on a regular grill or griddle for 10-15 minutes or until fully cooked.
2. At the same time, grill the arepa for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Dice tomatoes, scallion and cilantro. Mix with vinegar, lime juice, salt and pepper.
5. Once chicken and arepa are fully cooked, cut arepa open like a pita bread or a pocket.
6. Insert chicken, cheese and salsa Ají. Garnish with lime (if desired).
Full Schedule, Themes, and Featured Merchants
May 3rd: Cinco De Mayo presented by Mama Lo Hizo. Stuffed Poblano Pepper Recipe here
May 10th: Mother’s Day presented by Colonel De Gourmet Herbs & Spices. Grilled Fruit Salad Recipe here
May 17th: Ride Your Bike Night presented by Gramma Debbie. Asiago Chicken Burger Recipe here
May 24th: Memorial Day presented by Mackie Meats. Turkey Ribs Recipe here
May 31st: Celiac Awareness – Gluten Free Meals presented by Dean's Mediterranean & Cake Rack. Gluten Free Pizza & Kafta (Lebanese Beef Kebabs) Recipe here
June 14th: Father’s Day presented by Eckerlins & Grayson's/Mike's Meats. Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin Skewers & Black Bean Veggie Burger Recipe here
June 21st: Pride Night presented by Dean's Mediterranean. Rainbow Power Grilled Halloumi Recipe here
June 28th: 4th of July presented by Neil Luken. Neil's Amazing Sausages Recipe here
July 5th: Young Professionals presented by Colonel De Gourmet Herbs & Spices and Eckerlin Meats: Thai Chicken Kabob Recipe here
July 12th: Sweets & Treats Night presented by Cake Rack: Grilled Peaches and Gelato Recipe here
July 19th: Family Night presented by Em's Sourdough Bread and Eckerlins Meats: Garlic Cheddar Jalapeño Sausages on Sourdough Bread Recipe here
July 26th: Asian American Night presented by Pho Lang Thang: Chicken Marinade Recipe here
August 2nd: Refugee Community Night presented by Dean's Mediterranean Imports: Lebanese Shish Tawook Chicken Kabob Recipe here
August 9th: Farm to Table presented by Bryn Mooth: Market Basket Mixed Grill Recipe here
August 16th: African American Celebration presented by Nay Nay's: Nay Nay's BBQ Shredded Pork Sandwiches Recipe here
August 23rd: Cheesy Celebration presented by Em's Sourdough Bread & Gibb's Cheese: Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe here
August 30th: Labor Day Prep presented by Mackie Meats: Grilled Turkey Tips Recipe here
September 6th: Greek Community presented by Mt. Kofinas: Chicken Souvlaki Skewers Recipe here
September 13th: Hispanic Heritage presented by The Arepa Place: Grilled Chicken Arepa
September 20th: Italian Night presented by Bouchard's
September 27th: Tailgating presented by Colonel De Gourmet Herbs & Spices and Eckerlin Meats
Market Wines will offer a special white and red wine (paired with each week's theme) for purchase by the glass. Drink either in the shop or drink to-go in the OTR Biergarten.
Pet Wants will have their self-service dog bath outside by the OTR Biergarten during every Groceries & Grilling Wednesday. They provide the shampoo, brushes and dryers; you provide the dirty dog!